We appreciate you!
Thank you for choosing Charleston Outdoor Adventures. We hope you are staying well during this crazy time. After a month long closure, we are excited to be back in action! We are currently offering all tours and rentals daily with limited capacity- reservations required. Now more than ever, we hope to help meet the needs of locals and travelers looking to safely enjoy some time on the water. We recognize our responsibility as a leading tour provider to take precautions to mitigate the spread of the virus. Continue reading for more information regarding adjustments to our health & safety practices in response to the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
COA & Covid-19
We ask that all guests continue to observe health and safety precautions to keep themselves, other guests, and our staff safe. We also respectfully ask that guests who are feeling sick or who have had potential exposure to Covid positive individuals please wait the recommended 14 days before coming out with us. Below are recommended guidelines for visitors during this time:
- Wearing a face covering when not on the water (optional but encouraged)
- Washing/sanitizing hands upon arrival and departure
- Only touching gear an equipment assigned to your group
- Keeping at least 6ft of distance between other groups and our staff members when possible
- Coughing and sneezing into your sleeve
Like all businesses, we recognize that we cannot guarantee a virus free environment; however, we have adopted the following policies to keep our staff and guests as safe as possible:
- Sick staff members are required to stay home
- Staff members are required to wear masks or face coverings when not on the water
- Operating boats at half capacity & kayak tours/rentals at limited capacity
- Closure of our office to guests
- Implementation of “no contact” operations (with the exception of first aid or rescue scenarios)
- Cleaning and sterilization of kayaks/SUPS, PFD’s, paddles, dry bags, and other shared gear in between uses
- Regular cleaning/sterilization of shared areas like the bathrooms and office
- Provision of antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer to all
A few things to keep in mind
While COVID-19 can live on hard surfaces for a time, there is evidence that heat, humidity, and direct sunlight all work to decrease the viability of coronaviruses. According the CDC, “transmission of novel coronavirus to persons from surfaces contaminated with the virus has not been documented.” In short, exposure to the virus is more likely to occur when in close, closed quarters with an infected person(s). Especially when considering the above precautions, COA’s open air, small group activities offer a relatively low risk of exposure and/or transmission to the general public. Again, we cannot guarantee a virus free environment, but strive to offer a safe outdoor recreation option for travelers and locals during this time when certain activities and locations may be closed.
Click here for more information on COVID-19 from South Carolina and the CDC.
If you are concerned about being exposed to other people, we offer rentals on a daily basis. During a kayak or SUP rental, you/your group can enjoy limited engagement with other people and explore the waterways on your own time. Look forward to seeing you soon! Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns- (843) 795-0330.
The COA Team